PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY PRIOR TO PARTICIPATION OR ENTRY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO JAMAICAN NATIONALS AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER. .
HELP US CREATE THE WORLD’S LONGEST SONG AND DONATE TO CHARITY!!
How to enter:
- Write a verse appropriately aligned to the theme Jamaicans being Champions and Jamaica celebrating 55 years of independence.
- Create song using the 20 second music bed/rhythm available at www.championja.com.
- Fill out the online submission form and read these terms and conditions. By entering the contest, each participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Entries shall be screened by NCB or partner for adherence to competition rules.
Selecting and Announcing of Winners
- All entries will be uploaded to the website – www.championja.com
- Voting will take place on the website
- Entry with the highest number of votes at the end of each week will win.
- Weekly winners will be announced on:
- August 6, 2017 at 5:00PM
- August 13, 2017 at 5:00PM
- August 20, 2017 at 5:00PM
- August 27, 2017 at 5:00PM
- The voting period for each week ends on Sunday at 4:00pm
- Winners will be contacted via phone and/or email based on the details provided in the submission form.
- As a participant in the contest, you agree that NCB shall be entitled to use your voice, name and/or picture strictly for promotional purposes without your further consent or any compensation to you.
- Lyrics should be original, creative, clever and entertaining.
- The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another person’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, copyright or intellectual property-related rights. You hereby warrant that you have obtained written permission from any co-writer or publisher controlling any rights in respect of your song entry. By entering the contest, you indemnify and hold NCB harmless from and against any claims inconsistent with the foregoing.
- The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libellous.
- The Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- The Entry must not contain material that is in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction where the Entry is created.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter.
- Each contestant may submit multiple entries.
- An entry by a group of contestants must be entered in the names of each member of the group. It is the responsibility of the members of the group to divide any prizes among themselves as appropriate.
- Contest ends September 1, 2017 at 11:59PM
- This contest is open to all eligible Jamaican nationals aged 18 years or over.
- Entry may be selected to be included in the world’s longest song.
- Winners must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant before the prize is awarded.
- Prizes awarded are non-transferable
- No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of winner. NCB reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- All winners are responsible for all taxes payable in respect of prize awarded.
- The contest and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Jamaica.
- NCB reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- You hereby agree to release, indemnify and hold NCB harmless for any liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, your participation in the contest.
- NCB reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. NCB’s decision is always final.
- For voting, if an entrant receives irregular votes, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated means, NCB reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion and/or use another means to determine the winner(s), for example, by means of random selection or appointing a panel of judges.
- Winners shall be awarded a weekly prize valued at J$55,000 and/or a Grand Prize of J$180,000.
- Weekly winners will be determined by highest number of votes at end of the week of submission.
- Grand Prize winner will be the entry with the highest number of likes at the end of the overall contest.
- Prizes may be collected at 32 Trafalgar Road, Kingston 10 within Three  business days of the announcement.
- NCB reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, at any time during the contest period, to vary, withdraw, postpone or cancel the contest including without limitation in circumstances where it cannot conduct the contest or grant prizes for any reason beyond its control. In the event that NCB postpones or varies the contest or the prizes, NCB shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of, or in connection with, the postponement or variation of the contest or the prizes. Nor shall NCB be liable for any loss, damage, payment, expense of any kind or personal injury or other damage suffered or sustained as a result of the entering, judging, cancellation or acceptance, enjoyment or use of the contest or the prizes (or part thereof).